Friday, August 3, 2007

Seventeen!

 Updated 3/2017-- photos and all links removed as many are no longer active and it was easier than checking each one.

I (guess) congratulations are in order for this Arkansas family. Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar who live in Springdale, Arkansas with their 16 children just welcomed their 17th child into the world. She was born yesterday, August 2nd. The baby, Jennifer Danielle, was born at 10:01 AM (CT), weighing in at 8 pounds, 8 ounces and measuring 21 inches in length. Their other children range in age from 21 months to 19 years of age. There are two sets of twins. There are now 10 boys and 7 girls. And they want more. I am amazed, absolutely amazed. Michelle even home schools the children. She must be one organized woman!
My father had one son and one daughter with his first wife. My mother had three sons and four daughters with my father. She then had another son with my step-father. My step-father had three daughters and two sons with his first wife. So when you add them all up, I had 14 brothers and sisters of one kind or another. However, the only ones who ever lived under the same roof with me were the ones my mother had--eight of us. Remember the show "Eight is Enough". Our house was full, very full. We didn't have nine bathrooms like the Duggars have. Maybe it wouldn't have seemed so full if we had.
My roommate in college was an environmental science major. She used to give me grief about wanting more than two children. She argued that we needed to only replace ourselves. The world was overpopulated. I've lost track of her, but know she had three children (at least). I was never blessed with any, so I guess she had one for me.
The Duggars seem to be good parents, seem to be able to provide for the children they have, seem to be thrilled with each birth. I sure hope all is as it seems, because I know how difficult it was on my Mom just with her eight.
God bless you Michelle Duggar with all the love and patience and strength you need.

No comments: