Friday, March 13, 2009

Double Irish Chain Baby Quilt

This is a double Irish Chain I made for the daughter of a blog friend. He happens to be Irish. Instead of just using two colors, I added the pink and dark green and interlaced them. The medium green was added because I didn't have quite enough of the background fabric. The quilt is 50 in X 50 in. It is machine pieced and quilted.

Here is a detailed photo which doesn't really do justice to the lovely light green background fabric. The chains are cross-hatched quilted. The "centers" have clovers quilted into them.

And another detail photo to try to share the fabric with you.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love a patterned background in an Irish Chain! I like that yours is a woven effect, and a pink/green combo always makes me smile.

I like the quilting pattern a lot; this is how I quilted a trip-around-the-world baby quilt this sprint and I liked how it went fast with no marking. I completely forgot to take a picture of it but maybe I will see if the new owner can send me one. FAMOUS LAST WORDS. ;o)))

Unknown said...

Wow! That's is beautiful. I love the way that you mixed and matched and made a very traditional quilt pattern that retains it's traditions and expresses the new! Good Job!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I've been meaning to comment on the beautiful quilts for a while now, and that lacy scarf you made a while back.
Keep up the great work - I'm sure everyone who has one of your quilts/sewing projects knows it is a labor of love.

Unknown said...

Ramona, I think all of your quilts are beautiful, but this one is especially fetching. I love the greens with pink, weird and unexpected but really appealing combination. Also, whoa, little shamrocks in the quilting!? That is lovely! Envy you, your quilting talents!

Jabulani said...

Another fabulous quilt. The use of colours makes the impact both strong and gentle all at the same time. And I love that you included clover too - pure genius! Well done, it's a stunner.

Vijay said...

Very nice pattern Ramona. It's nice on the eyes. Despite the pink :)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! The color combination, the symmetry, the beautiful patterns..its just lovely. Your friend will be very proud. :)

rlbates said...

Thank you all. I've always like the combination of pink and green.