Friday, July 24, 2009

Chasity’s Baby’s Quilt

My niece Chasity is pregnant with her first child.  She is due in December.  Chasity is my youngest brother’s first child.  We are all very happy for her and her husband.  And, yes, I’ve finished her baby quilt.
Using the same quilt block pattern and some of the same fabric as I used to make Steve and Lori's quilt, I machine pieced and quilted this one for Chasity.  It is 40 inches square.  She lives in west Texas so I went for a “cowboy” theme and hoped the red would work for a girl and the blue for a boy. 
Here is a closer view of one of the red blocks to show off the fabrics.  The red has cowboys riding broncos in it.
Here is a closer view of one of the blue blocks.  The blue fabric has cars and trucks in it.
Here is a view of the back which is a lovely yellow flora.  The quilting was done with gold colored thread in both the top and bobbin.


2 comments:

The Angry Medic said...

Wow, these are really good, doc. Nice to know you're keeping at the sewing. I particularly like the last one! (No comments about how that indicates I subconsciously lust after money, okay. Everybody knows I consciously lust after money. Cough.)

rlbates said...

Thanks, Angry.