Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bud's Quilt Finished

My photos of Bud’s finished quilt are a little dark, but here they are. The quilt uses the block “puss in corner.” I wrote about it here. I paid Anna Lee Hudson to do the machine quilting, then I put the binding on. I have mailed it to Bud after washing it.
In these next two detail shots you can see that the red “bleed” some even with prewashing. I even put a color catcher sheet in the machine just in case.
Notice the “bleed” of the red fabric into the surrounding white/ecru fabric. Thankfully, Bud doesn’t care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilt is beautiful! It drives me nuts when colors bleed- I've heard that pre-treating with heavily salted water helps.

Victoria said...

Great looking quilt. I love the transition from the orangy reds to the dark, deep reds. Very nice.