Friday, February 26, 2010

Blue Jeans Purse

My neighbor knows I love pockets, so when her son outgrew his shorts I got them.  I deconstructed the shorts in part and moved the larger pockets.  This allowed me to keep all the pockets in use.
I used a “new to me” product called InnerFuse to stiffen the purse, giving it shape and hopefully making it more durable.  The purse has a zipper opening and is lined.
The strap is a denim belt from an old dress which is why is is darker than the rest of the bag.

I gave the shorts back to my friend/neighbor.  She loves it.

4 comments:

Jabulani said...

Truly you are one of the most talented people I have met. It is such a joy to see your work.

StorytellERdoc said...

Okay, Ramona, now I am in awe. Seriously, this overtakes the house quilt. What an awesome idea and what an incredible gift to give back.

A friend of ours here gets neckties from a recent widow and makes a little "huggy" pillow from those ties and gives the pillow back. I hear they are really incredible and well-received.

Thanks for last night, with your support and such. Much appreciated. Dr. Mike rocks and the whole thing was great...I fear I may have been a little wordy, but what's done is done! LOL
Enjoy your day.

Jim

Gizabeth Shyder said...

I love the purse - patchy looks good on denim! The variety of colors is great.

What a great use of the three R's - reduce, reuse, recycle. It's great when the final product is so beautiful (I need to think of a new R word - Rapturous? And Ramona!)

StitchinByTheLake said...

My grandmother would think you are wonderful. :) Recycling was what she expected us to do! Love the purse...I agree, lots and lots of pockets make a great purse. blessings, marlene