Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Fabric Postcard

Updated 3/2017-- all links removed as many no longer active. and it was easier than checking each one.

Intueri recently posted about a book of postcards she received at Christmas.  She offered to send them to anyone who requested one.  I did so as I love postcards.
This prompted me to try to come up with a unique postcard for her (though she never asked for one in return).  I decided to make one – my first ever fabric postcard.  I have read instructions for them now for years, but had yet to do one.  Here two sites with good instructions:  How To Make a Fabric Postcard - Directions Plus... and How To Make A Fabric Postcard DebR Style.
The one I made for Intueri is 4in X 6 in.
The back

I received my postcard from her this past Monday.  I mailed hers the same day.  I hope she likes hers.

6 comments:

Chrysalis said...

That is really cool!

Jabulani said...

I like receiving postcards too but I am totally RUBBISH at sending them! This however, is the most exquisite postcard I've seen. Lucky @intueri!

StorytellERdoc said...

Again, another awesome idea...you should make plastic surgery your hobby and do this for a living! LOL

Maria said...

The postcard looks ever better in real life. :) Thanks again for making this for me!

rlbates said...

You are most welcome, Maria.

jan said...

Great card for first attempt well done. I love making these little gems so if you ever wish to swap with me, just email me and one will wing it's way to you post haste. I too have a tutorial for these - in pictures - on my blog. Look forward to possibly hearing from you....I am in UK by the way.