Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Can Anyone Help?

Updated 3/2017 -- all links (except to my own posts) removed as many no longer active. and it was easier than checking each one.

I continue to occasionally get comments on my facial/orbital fracture series (2008).  These days they are mostly from patients who are looking for advise.  The most recent one is from tyler has the post "Nasoethmoid Orbital Fractures"
With his permission (via email), I am posting it here and asking for help.
Hi I just came across this and I’m wondering if there’s anyone out there that can give me advice.  I suffered an orbital fracture 3 years ago resulting in double vision.  I had surgery once and it didn’t work. I still live with double vision and I’m thousands in debt.  If there’s anyone out there that could give me advice it would be greatly appreciated (charity programs, grants, anything).  My email is juoncl@gmail.com
The only suggestions I had were possibly state programs (ie Medicaid, etc), but these would be income dependent and maybe the Lion’s Club.   Though I didn’t ask and he didn’t say, I’m assuming he has no insurance because reconstructive surgery for “double vision” is something insurance would cover.
If you have any suggestions for him, please, either email him directly or leave a comment here or both.  I would love to know of any resources available.

1 comment:

Chrysalis said...

Ramona, I have a contact with the Lion's Club. I'll copy this and see what, if anything can help. I would think the best thing though would be any of our med friends that would know more.

I do know my friend has stepped in before and they have helped others get much needed care with top notch guys and gals. I'll copy this and send it on to him. Don't know as it will help, but I'll try.