Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Shout Outs

Updated 3/2017 -- all links removed (except to my own posts) as many no longer active.


Nick Genes is hosting this week’s Grand Rounds at his blogborygmi tumblr.  You can read this week’s edition here.
Hello and welcome to this collection of medical links from across the web, written by providers, patients and analysts that work on the frontlines of modern healthcare.
This is my sixth time hosting Grand Rounds (three prior times on blogborygmi’s blogspot site, twice on Medgadget.com), and my first time with Tumblr.
I’ve been hearing about Tumblr for years, and after finally making the leap a few weeks back, I figured it might be a good fit for Grand Rounds today, as well. .….
………………………………….
@doctorblackbear who blog at Asystole is the Most Stable Rhythm has written a beautiful post: Trust
"So the patient has been temporarily paralyzed by the drugs, and you're the one keeping them alive by squeezing air into their lungs...but...no pressure".
Gulp. 
I was holding the mask as tightly against her face as I could, sealing the rubber to her cheeks in the effort to keep highly oxygenated air from leaking out. Looking down at her from the head of the bed I saw the patient from a different vantage point, a place that made her look so vulnerable.
And she was vulnerable.  …….
…………………………………….
H/T to @antidoped who gave me the head’s up on @imapactednurse’s post:  1 shift, 3 stories
My name is Caleb.
Ive had this pain in my arse for 2 weeks now. The doc says its a hemorrhoid or something. All I know is, it fucking hurts like shit.
I am supposed to have surgery, but the hospital has cancelled it twice now. Says its too busy. ….
……………………………….
From Street Anatomy: A Woman’s Back is Beauty
Edinburgh-based photographer Diana Eastman shot this gorgeous photograph overlayed with a classic anatomical illustration from what I believe is Grey’s Anatomy……..

…………………………………
The Alliance for American Quilts received 119 quilts for it’s 2011 "Alliances: People, Patterns, Passion" contest.  My entry was “Redwork Quilt” and is included in this week’s (Week Four --Mon, Dec 5 – Dec 12) quilts being auctioned off on eBay.
All contest quilts will be auctioned via eBay starting on Monday, November 14, 2011 and ending December 12, 2011. All proceeds will support the AAQ and its projects. ….
Week FOUR auction guide: Monday, December 5 - Monday, December 12……
New this year: "Alliances" contest artist's were offered the chance to record their artist's statements thanks to the generous services of AAQ Business member, VoiceQuilt, visit them at www.voicequilt.com.

No comments: