Friday, July 20, 2012

Three Knitted Hats

I have over the last few weeks knitted three hats.  Two of them for my young friend with breast cancer for whom I made the "one pink heart" quilt.  She has lost her hair to the chemo, so I knit her a couple of hats.  The third hat is for her husband.  You can read their blog, “Fighting Fancy,”  here.

This one is a mohair/silk yarn (Artyarns Ensemble Glitter Light) and is very soft.  The pattern is Tähdellinen by Tiina Kuu.

Here it is from the side:

The second one is not quite as soft.  It is made using Little Monkey's Stitch n Spin Merino Fiber which is 70% merino/ 30% banana fiber.  The pattern is Intuitive by Julia Zahle.  It can be worn either “cuffed”



or as a slouch hat, unfolded:



Here is the one for her husband.  It is made using Tahki Yarns Tara Tweed yarn.  I used the Cross Skull Cap pattern by Kimberly Nicdao Villareal.

No comments: