Friday, August 17, 2012

Two WIPs

I have two projects I am currently working on.  One is another scrappy child's quilt.   This one is for a colleague who saw another one I had done.  It will be used for his grandchildren.  I pieced twelve 11 in blocks (so when sewn to the sashing will finish at 10.5 in square).  The sashing is 2.5 in wide, so when sewn to the blocks will measure 2 in wide.  Here are some photos of some of the fun details.  This first one shows robots, flowers, skiers, a red convertible.


This one shows a cat peeking out, a razorback, Tigger, a steamboat, stars.


And in this one you can see the owl in the connecting 2.5 in square, a dancing cat in a hat, a race car, carolers, trees.  



The other is an ambitious knitting project.  I’m making a swirl jacket using the pattern Sheer Beauty by Sandra McIver.   



Here I've stretched out the knitting so you can see the two yarns:  Noro Taiyo (color #28) and Malabrigo Lace in Damask (#13o).

No comments: