Friday, December 21, 2012

Preemie Garments

I had trouble finding preemie garments at the local stores to give to my niece for her twin girls so I decided to try my hand at making a few.  I found a great source for patterns for preemies here.
They are not perfect as I am not used to machine sewing such small garments.  Also, my I broke my serger several months ago and never replaced it.  The edges of the garments would be much easier to finish with a serger rather than bias tape or hand embroidery blanket stitch.  Anyway, here they are.

These two are made from a soft flannel I happened to have using the preemie serger gown pattern.  I used bias binding to finish the edges and Velcro for closures.

These two are from the same pattern using some fun cotton print fabric.

These two are made from flannel fabric using preemie shirt pattern.  I finished the edges by hand using embroidery thread and a blanket stitch.

No comments: