Friday, September 13, 2013

Two Works in Progress

Currently I'm working on two projects.  This first one is a knitting project.  It is a lace sweater knit from the top down.  A challenge to me.  I made myself do a swatch to try to decide which size needle I needed to use to obtain the correct finished garment size.  Gauge swatches are something I still don't feel completely comfortable with, but I did two using both size 3 and size 4 needles.  I choose to use the size 4 needles.  The pattern is Alina Top Down by Lankakomero.  The yarn is  Lion Brand LB 1878 in a dark red.


The other project is a quilting one.  It is a lap size quilt using purple fabrics, the ones from the Memory Lane quilt and others from my stash. I have basted the finished top and have begun machine quilting.  The finished quilt will be 42 in square.

Here is a close up to show some of the quilt marking.

This is the stencil I plan to use for marking the border area.

No comments: